Wednesday 20 April 2011

Wordless Wednesday - Great Great Grandmother

Wilhelmina Rutherford nee Linton
I love this photo of my GG Grandmother. Wilhelmina Linton was born 1843, in the fishing village of Newhaven, Edinburgh. She married Alexander Rutherford in 1865 and they had 4 children. Alexander was a fisherman so Wilhelmina led the life of a fishwife, a hard life and the women were known to be sturdy and hard working. I think you can see this in the strong features of her face in this photo.

3 comments:

  1. She even has a strong, independent pose going on there :-).
    I bet you treasure this photo.
    Regards,
    Theresa (Tangled Trees)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have chosen your blog for the “One Lovely Blog” award. Please visit my blog to pick it up and pass it on. http://jacqueline-journeyback.blogspot.com/search/label/One%20Lovely%20Blog%20Award

    You have a great blog, look forward to reading more of your posts.

    Jacqueline

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful picture! I feel like I know her!

    ReplyDelete